Welcome to the OMS Parent Resource Center!
These recommended sources and books have been carefully selected to complement the Montessori Method.
- The Montessori Classroom: The Three Year Cycle
- Montessori Madness!
- How Do You Hug A Child Like This?
- Superwoman Was Already Here
- Association Montessori Internationale USA – The worldwide Montessori association that accredits our school.
- Maria Montessori.com – Learn even more about the Montessori Method of education here.
- Aid to Life – Supporting the natural development of children from birth through age 3.
- Montessori Madmen – A group of Dad’s passionate about spreading the word about Montessori education.
- Montessori Madness: A Parent to Parent Argument for Montessori Education, by Trevor Eissler
- Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius, by Angeline Lillard
- The Absorbent Mind, by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Secret of Childhood, by Dr. Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life and Work, by E.M. Standing
- Montessori from the Start: The Child at Home, from Birth to Age Three, by Lynn Jessen and Paula Polk Lillard
***There is a variety of reading materials and DVD’s in the OMS library available for checkout anytime***
- Michael Olaf Montessori – Quality Montessori toys for children ages 0-12.
- Small Hands – A variety of materials and toys to enhance the home environment (mainly for children 3-6). Please use our school code when ordering (this gives OakHaven credit towards classroom supplies): 224223.
For our wonderful OakHaven parents:
- OMS Parent Handbooks 2016-2017 – Contains important information for OakHaven parents.
OakHaven Montessori School is a private pre-school and elementary school serving children ages 2.5-12. We are located in the O’Fallon/Dardenne Prairie area of St. Charles county.
We would love to meet you and show you around our beautiful school! Please call today for a personal tour (636) 978-4440.